Skip to main content

Dear Discounts

Dear Discount,

I am happy to see you more often these days. You are becoming active with every passing day. Your scale ranges from 10 % to 70 %. You are so attractive that shoppers just can't take their eyes off you. Is it traction or false attraction?

To tell you the truth, heavy discounts were never a part of my growing years, until, recently. The competition has become fierce. Online services have changed the demand and supply pattern with induced buying. The need for products and services are created using every possible means. Socially & psychologically we are forced into this vicious cycle of purchase. If products can be sold at a 50 % discount, someone is baring the 50 % cost of it. Or is someone making 50 % loss/less profit?

The game of discounts is addictive. It has one goal - generate as many bills as possible.

Discounts also remind me of Enrique Iglesias song...
You can run, you can hide, but you can't escape my trap (love)

Hoping to see you soon.

Yours sincerely,
Shopper 


Comments

Unknown said…
The Great Indian Sale and what not is now always around the corner.. Well penned..Really when we grew up we were not used to sale concept and shopping was need or occassion based phenomenon. Now a days its otherwise.. sometimes you end up buying things you actually dont need presently but pick it up any ways as it was on sale๐Ÿ˜›. Its more of a theraphy for some women.. I end up buying fresh arrivals during Sale more attractive you see! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Popular posts from this blog

Who am I?

The first news I came across in 2020 was about a Bollywood movie crossing 100 Cr mark. This happened when Pragun mentioned about a blog hop she was hosting based on Bollywood. The prompts were thoughtful but filmy. As an individual, I am filmy but my writing is not. That’s when I noticed this inseparable aspect of movies. In this post, the climax will reveal the identity of the protagonist, until then enjoy the suspense. Who am I? I am sweet but most of the time I am salty. Pls note, you have met me and you have liked me. I am feather-light, my figure is unique. You and I have watched many movies. In the park, by the lake or at home. You & your family prefer me to kill your boredom. I love your family, they are too filmy, That’s the reason I hang around with your family. Your mother turns 16, when she sees Shahrukh on screen Then you father quips, with some singing. ‘Aaane wala pal, jane wala hai’, says your father In response ‘ye kaha a