Skip to main content

Who am I?

The first news I came across in 2020 was about a Bollywood movie crossing 100 Cr mark. This happened when Pragun mentioned about a blog hop she was hosting based on Bollywood. The prompts were thoughtful but filmy. As an individual, I am filmy but my writing is not. That’s when I noticed this inseparable aspect of movies.

In this post, the climax will reveal the identity of the protagonist, until then enjoy the suspense.

Who am I?

I am sweet but most of the time I am salty.
Pls note, you have met me and you have liked me.

I am feather-light, my figure is unique.
You and I have watched many movies.

In the park, by the lake or at home.
You & your family prefer me to kill your boredom.

I love your family, they are too filmy,
That’s the reason I hang around with your family.

Your mother turns 16, when she sees Shahrukh on screen
Then you father quips, with some singing.

‘Aaane wala pal, jane wala hai’, says your father
In response ‘ye kaha aageye hum’ sings your mother

While you all watch, you tend to munch,
Oh my darlings thanks a bunch

Bollywood, you and I
Think my darling think, who am I?

Salman’s famous movie is Hum Aap Ke Hai Kaun.
Oh my darling, I am your PopCorn

Sweet, Spicy, Salty, Caramelized, or in the flavour you like.
You and Bollywood movies have made by life!

Wishing all the Bollywood movie lovers a colourful 2020. Don’t forget to grab me, I am available at every movie hall. At home, two mins in cooker and I will pop. Let’s enjoy Bollywood together, year after year.

Popcorn is a significant part of watching movies may be because popcorn in itself is dramatic. A tiny yellow seed turns into a larger, lighter crunchy delight in no time. Isn’t it very dramatic?


Picture prompt for #BollyExpress by #ALPxGUN

Here are some quick facts, eye-popers about popcorns:
  •          Popcorn was discovered in the Americas thousands of years ago
  •          It is gluten-free
  •          A kernel can pop up to 3 feet in air
  •          Each kernel of popcorn contains a small drop of water stored inside a circle of soft starch, which makes it pop
  •          In India, the retail price of popcorn is around Rs 1,500 a kg.
  •          Pop corn raw material is sold to movie halls for Rs 120-130 per kg. You buy, a 110 gm of popcorn tub in a multiplex for Rs 150. That is an eye-popping margin, isn’t it?

Comments

Pr@Gun said…
That's a lovely puzzle post.
Popcorns have been an inseparable part of movies be it home or theatre.
Thanks for sharing popcorn Gyan, nice post isha.
Glad to have your post on #ALPxGUN #BollyExpress
suhavijay said…
Thats such a lovely puzzle. I really started thinking hard till the time I saw the picture. Really unique take for this blog ho
Truly, popcorn is an important partner for the movies, liked your riddle part of the post.
arushiseth said…
The riddle was really interesting though I guessed it in the second line. A unique and lovely take on the theme. And the calculation is mind boggling!!! Lovely post
Anjali Naik said…
Wow such a creative blog. Really enjoyed reading it. Never thought someone would be so innovative to write about popcorn and it is very apt topic as per the Bollywood theme. No movie is complete without popcorns. My son demands popcorns even when we watch movies on TV at home.Lol !!
Pashmeena said…
Creative and interesting post..It was such a unique way of using the prompt..Popcorns are for sure an integral part of our Bollywood journey..Loved it immensely..
The Novice Soul said…
Apologies for being a spoil sport, but I guessed it was pop corns right in the beginning. Yet this was an extremely entertaining post.
Alpana said…
Wow..that's an interesting Popcorn take.. yes, movies and popcorn are inseperable. Didn't know about the water content fact about popcorn.
Thanks for participating in the #ALPxGUN #BollyExpress
Rashi Roy said…
Now thats a unique one! The riddle made it even more interesting.
Geethica said…
Lovely to know about popcorn and the way you described it. It was awesome to know about popcorn facts.
aditi said…
Hahaha... A unique, creative post I must say! How you linked Bollywood with popcorns to memories! My Gawd....loved it:)
Shipra Trivedi said…
I didn't realize while reading that this is popcorn poem. A perfect read for my son Today.
Srishti Rajeev said…
I really liked the puzzle and fun facts!
Unknown said…
o ya so true whatever movie it is pocorn always plays major role , alwayz comes as a savior, Bang on post loved your poem too, though i guessed it right, where you mentioned about it’s figure. I caught the answer��
Dishki said…
Haha, this was a good twist to the blog post.
Everyone loves popcorn and loved your post equally.
tanvi said…
Definitely a hat ke post.. Loved reading the puzzle though I guessed quite early that you are talking about the love of all movie buff " POPCORN".. Enjoyed reading
Jameela said…
Sometimes I only go for a movie just to have my favourite popcorn😋
aakanksha said…
Lovely quiz you have designed around popcorn. And why not when it comes to.movies, popcorn is an essential part of it. Loved the puzzle and also the information about popcorn.