Skip to main content

World Environment Day 2021

 2021 World Environment Day theme - Ecosystem Restoration

 "aims to prevent, halt and reverse the degradation of ecosystems on every continent and in every ocean"  UNEP

Single use plasticOnce You Need Less, You have More

  • Millions of animals are killed by plastics every year, from birds to fish to other marine organisms. 
  • Plastics can take anywhere from 20 to 500 years to decompose, depending on the material and structure.
  • Normally, plastic items take up to 1000 years to decompose in landfills. But plastic bags we use in our everyday life take 10-20 years to decompose, while plastic bottles take 450 years.

Say no to single-use plastic. 

Plastic pollutes land, water, and air. 


Environment Paper Tissue Paper

It's Not What You Look at That Matters, It's What You See

  • The journey of tissues paper starts with cutting down trees
  • Papermaking has an impact on the environment because it destroys trees in the process. According to data from the Global Forest Resource Assessment roughly 80,000 to 160,000 trees are cut down each day around the world with a significant percentage being used in the paper industry.
  • At least 17 trees will have to be cut down and 20,000 gallons of water is contaminated in order to produce a ton of tissue paper

Use Paper/Tissue Paper Rationally 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Who am I?

The first news I came across in 2020 was about a Bollywood movie crossing 100 Cr mark. This happened when Pragun mentioned about a blog hop she was hosting based on Bollywood. The prompts were thoughtful but filmy. As an individual, I am filmy but my writing is not. That’s when I noticed this inseparable aspect of movies. In this post, the climax will reveal the identity of the protagonist, until then enjoy the suspense. Who am I? I am sweet but most of the time I am salty. Pls note, you have met me and you have liked me. I am feather-light, my figure is unique. You and I have watched many movies. In the park, by the lake or at home. You & your family prefer me to kill your boredom. I love your family, they are too filmy, That’s the reason I hang around with your family. Your mother turns 16, when she sees Shahrukh on screen Then you father quips, with some singing. ‘Aaane wala pal, jane wala hai’, says your father In response ‘ye kaha a