Skip to main content

World Population Day - 11 July

11 July may not seem to be a well-known or widely celebrated day. But its importance
cannot be ignored.

Population – the count of the number of humans on planet Earth. Our Home!

Humans – busy making life worth living are in fact parasites, enjoying the natural resources meant for all living beings.


To make life meaningful individuals collectively form groups. These groups orient themselves to achieve a common goal. For example, some groups are busy at war, some are engaged in the upliftment of the weak, some devote their lives to finding solutions to problems, and some are busy in mass production. Each one of us is a part of some or the other so-called group. These groups keep us busy.


While we are too busy achieving our goals, the world around us is constantly changing and advancing. But, the fact is that no amount of research, innovation, or advancement can reduce our dependency on natural resources to zero. In fact, we are so consumed in consuming that we do not realize the impact we create. We generate vast amounts of waste, such as food waste, electronic waste, plastic waste, solid waste, and liquid waste as we consume in the form of nutrition, communication, packaging, furniture, transportation, etc. 

We just don’t stop consuming, subsequently producing waste.

So, what should we do?

As we work towards building a bright future, we need to simultaneously build a healthy ecosystem. We need to be the mindful population that truly cares for our planet. Just three points to remember:

  1. Stop wasting food
  2. Stop impulsive buying
  3. Dispose of waste in the right way

Together let us cultivate a mass population that is an integral part of the ecosystem, and not a parasite. 

As we become more mindful the list on its own will become long.

From individuals to a group. A group to a large population. 

We can bring about change, 
we can make our planet clean & green.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Who am I?

The first news I came across in 2020 was about a Bollywood movie crossing 100 Cr mark. This happened when Pragun mentioned about a blog hop she was hosting based on Bollywood. The prompts were thoughtful but filmy. As an individual, I am filmy but my writing is not. That’s when I noticed this inseparable aspect of movies. In this post, the climax will reveal the identity of the protagonist, until then enjoy the suspense. Who am I? I am sweet but most of the time I am salty. Pls note, you have met me and you have liked me. I am feather-light, my figure is unique. You and I have watched many movies. In the park, by the lake or at home. You & your family prefer me to kill your boredom. I love your family, they are too filmy, That’s the reason I hang around with your family. Your mother turns 16, when she sees Shahrukh on screen Then you father quips, with some singing. ‘Aaane wala pal, jane wala hai’, says your father In response ‘ye kaha a