Skip to main content

Matter that Matters

5 June is celebrated as World Environment Day.

Does that matter?

Maybe not at an individual level. But it matters to a few because, they understand the importance. It is one of the biggest annual events organized by the United Nations (UN) to generate awareness about environmental issues.

Each year awareness is generated based on a theme that needs mass attention. 2021 theme is

Reimagine, Recreate, Restore

The day may not matter to you. Probably your actions are miniscule, they barely harm the environment – use of single-use plastic, wastage of some water, adding junk to landfills or vehicular emissions.

Contrary to your miniscule actions over a period of few years have you ever tried alternatives that are eco-friendly? Have you tried to give back to nature? Have you contributed to the environment-friendly change?

If yes, it matters to you.

If no, it is a matter of concern.

Natural resources are limited. Our irrational actions however small are adversely fast affecting the environment. That’s why it is time to Reimagine, Recreate and Restore nature.

If we don’t, we will only be able to imagine and create nature’s beauty in our minds. So, it's best we Restore it now.

Nature is a matter that truly matters and should matter to all.


Related Read: 

World Environment Day 2021 (Facts)

She is (Poem)

What's Underneath  (Facts)

Evening by a Stream  (Poem)




Comments

Purvesh Gada said…
agreed, it starts with us...

Popular posts from this blog

Who am I?

The first news I came across in 2020 was about a Bollywood movie crossing 100 Cr mark. This happened when Pragun mentioned about a blog hop she was hosting based on Bollywood. The prompts were thoughtful but filmy. As an individual, I am filmy but my writing is not. That’s when I noticed this inseparable aspect of movies. In this post, the climax will reveal the identity of the protagonist, until then enjoy the suspense. Who am I? I am sweet but most of the time I am salty. Pls note, you have met me and you have liked me. I am feather-light, my figure is unique. You and I have watched many movies. In the park, by the lake or at home. You & your family prefer me to kill your boredom. I love your family, they are too filmy, That’s the reason I hang around with your family. Your mother turns 16, when she sees Shahrukh on screen Then you father quips, with some singing. ‘Aaane wala pal, jane wala hai’, says your father In response ‘ye kaha a