Skip to main content

Friendship

Add life to your days and not days to your life.

The statement might sound simple at first only to realise how profound it is, on a second thought. Adding life to days, each day, come what may? Really?

The fact is it isn’t that surreal or impossible; each one of us has been there, gone through, the best and the worst.  

As we grow up (& old), become wiser than yesterday, accept more responsibilities and perform higher duties, adding life to days becomes difficult.  Remember those carefree days, when we were in school laughing at silly jokes, playing pranks, actually laughing out loud (yes lol), being punished; yet we were adding life to our days with ease. I distinctly remember my school days and more importantly my 74 classmates and my friends – my partners in crime.

“I and a few of my friends had an appetite of an elephant, we just couldn’t wait for the break (or in retrospect, I guess we loved distractions). We would eat snacks from our tiffin and from friend’s tiffin during an ongoing class before the break. The moment the teacher turned her back to us a few of us would get into action of passing tiffin boxes and stuffing food before the teacher turned to us. The moment teacher looked at students in the left, the students in right would quickly chew or swallow the food (time management).” 10 years of school life – years of celebrations, learning, forgiving, managing, and growing. A big thank you to all my school friends for many amazing memories, adding few extra marks through cooperation during exams, making me an out-standing student at times.   

Friendship sails us through, it makes moments light and manageable, bright and memorable. Those long chats, walk on a silent road, a drive to nowhere, vada pav and chai somewhere. Those fights and the promise ‘I don’t wanna see you again’ to its ok, it's alright for the mistakes we made. Celebrations made memorable and pain forgettable. A ray of hope, a never-ending support. Daily conversations or once in a blue moon call, no checks necessary, it’s always fresh, we restart from where we left.

A strange relation, part of our life in every transition, true friends are never apart, maybe in distance but never in heart.

Reach out to your friend, it’s never too late. Enjoy being a friend, it surely adds life to your days.

 Happy Friendship Day

 

 Read:

When I Lost You

Someone Special

On a Day Like Today

Comments

Bijo Joseph said…
So True Isha. .those friendship were only few relationships where we experience care free timelessness.

Popular posts from this blog

Who am I?

The first news I came across in 2020 was about a Bollywood movie crossing 100 Cr mark. This happened when Pragun mentioned about a blog hop she was hosting based on Bollywood. The prompts were thoughtful but filmy. As an individual, I am filmy but my writing is not. That’s when I noticed this inseparable aspect of movies. In this post, the climax will reveal the identity of the protagonist, until then enjoy the suspense. Who am I? I am sweet but most of the time I am salty. Pls note, you have met me and you have liked me. I am feather-light, my figure is unique. You and I have watched many movies. In the park, by the lake or at home. You & your family prefer me to kill your boredom. I love your family, they are too filmy, That’s the reason I hang around with your family. Your mother turns 16, when she sees Shahrukh on screen Then you father quips, with some singing. ‘Aaane wala pal, jane wala hai’, says your father In response ‘ye kaha a