Skip to main content

Ocean - Lungs of Our Planet

 





Oceans Day 2021 Theme
'Life and Livelihoods' 

Oceans are the lungs of our planet and a major source of

Food, Medicine and a Critical part of the Biosphere

seaweed accounts for 54% of the world's oxygen production and the ocean acts as the planet's chief climate regulator. Without the services provided by the ocean, global temperature could exceed 100 degree Celcius and make life on Earth impossible.

Few Ocean Facts

  • Scientists estimate that about one million species of animals live in the ocean.
  • Sea ice is drinkable.

  • Coral produces its own sunscreen.
  • Water at the bottom of the ocean is incredibly hot.
    Ocean

  • Most of Earth's volcanic activity happens in the ocean.
  • The planet's longest mountain range is underwater and is 10 times longer than the Andes.
  • The Arctic Ocean is the smallest of the world's five ocean basins.
  • The Pacific Ocean is the largest and deepest of the world ocean basins.
  • The Pacific is wider than the moon.

  • The planet's biggest waterfall is in the ocean.

Source
teriin.org
oceanservice.noaa.gov
bestlifeonline.com/crazy-ocean-facts/

Related Read



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Who am I?

The first news I came across in 2020 was about a Bollywood movie crossing 100 Cr mark. This happened when Pragun mentioned about a blog hop she was hosting based on Bollywood. The prompts were thoughtful but filmy. As an individual, I am filmy but my writing is not. That’s when I noticed this inseparable aspect of movies. In this post, the climax will reveal the identity of the protagonist, until then enjoy the suspense. Who am I? I am sweet but most of the time I am salty. Pls note, you have met me and you have liked me. I am feather-light, my figure is unique. You and I have watched many movies. In the park, by the lake or at home. You & your family prefer me to kill your boredom. I love your family, they are too filmy, That’s the reason I hang around with your family. Your mother turns 16, when she sees Shahrukh on screen Then you father quips, with some singing. ‘Aaane wala pal, jane wala hai’, says your father In response ‘ye kaha a